Most of my recipes are made by me or one of my team, or taken several different online recipes and edited them and mashed them together to make it work for myself or the portion control container system. This recipe however was taken directly off of someone else’s Pinterest, and it is amazing and deserves to be shared and given credit to! So this recipe was taken from here.
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (1 can and a little water)
- 1 cup whole farro (I used Bob’s Redmill)
- 1 lb baby bellas or button mushrooms, halved
- 2 leeks, white and green parts only, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving (more is optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper (I used more pepper than this, love pepper!)
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1 lb (I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead)
- 2 TBSP Kerrygold Unsalted butter, cut into peices (I used coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Combine the broth, farro, mushrooms, leeks, bay leaf, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a crcokpot. Top with the chicken.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 4-4.5 hours or on high for 3-3.5 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken into large peices.
- Stir in the butter and grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle the risotto with the parsley and serve with additional grated Parmesan (optional).
Makes 4 servings, 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red and .5 Blue each.