1 ½ lbs raw lean ground turkey breast (at least 93% lean)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
½ medium onion, finely chopped
½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
¾ cup water
¾ cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (4oz)
6 large lettuce leaf (1 per serving)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
2. Add the garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika and oregano, mix well.
3. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent.
4. Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered for about 10-12 minutes.
5. Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture and top with tomato and cilantro. (Makes 6 servings)
Each lettuce leaf would equal a red and green 21 Day Fix container. If you wanted you could add a yellow container by putting the mixture in a 100% whole wheat tortilla, or you could keep it on the lettuce leaf and add a yellow container of black beans!